Vampire Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where members can talk about vampires, and other related things.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Welcome to the New Members - Tips

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Quiest
Administrator
Quiest

Vampire :
  • Yes

Welcome to the New Members - Tips Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to the New Members - Tips   Welcome to the New Members - Tips I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 4:48 pm

So this section is basically an introduction area where new members can join and say their hellos and give us their story if they wish. I would like to also take this time, on behalf of the rest of the moderators and myself to welcome any new members to the forum. We are small, but growing everyday. And just below now, I am going to take a few minutes to just give the new members some short, but sweet tips.

1. When you first get a glance at the screen. So probably one of the best things to do right after joining is to take some time and read through the forums of what is already here. Take some time, read the stickies, FAQ's, and other threads first, before asking questions, etc. In other words, lurk a little.
  2. If you are stuck, lost, confused, etc. So you have probably noticed the random conversations in the forums if you have followed tip 1 up above. What I am trying to say here is that if you are lost, meaning you don't know where a certain forum is, where the chatbox is, etc. then you can PM a member and ask them. Then of course, if you have a question that you do not want to take to the forums, or want help from a member, you can PM them as well. And other random conversations -- should be in PM.
  3. Spelling, Grammar, etc. Ok, so if you have read the rules already, you will have noticed that spelling, and grammar are taken pretty seriously here. So, people... lern 2 spel nd no txt type. I realize some members may be younger and spelling may be an issue for you, and if it is then you're probably not old enough to be here yet. Just spell clearly, use proper grammar (commas, periods, etc.) Most of us don't like our eyes bleeding.
  4. Back up. So lets say you're a skeptic, or like to be technical with things. If you decide (and you are allowed) to post something that you didn't write yourself, be it a definition, or something from another website, we expect you to give us resources where you found the given article, etc. Back yourself up, give us information so we can understand you.
  5. And finally... We are very glad to have you here, and would just like to make a quick reminder about a few things. READ THE FOLLOWING if you haven't done so already: Rules, Stickies, FAQ's. And remember to be nice, friendly, and kind. Don't be a jerk, don't be rude, and most importantly, don't put anyone down. The moderators and I will be watching for anything that doesn't seem nice, as we want to keep this place friendly. If you have any problems with another member, be it older or another new member, please PM a moderator and we will take care of it.

Well, thats all for now folks. I hope you new members take this into consideration and read!!!!! Also, in this section you can post your welcome, so up at the top in the main welcome section - click New Post.

Have a Good day, and I hope everyone enjoys their stay.
Back to top Go down
http://vampireangels.vampire-legend.com

Welcome to the New Members - Tips
Page 1 of 1